Sunday, March 24, 2013

Zumba 101

It's almost April and thank goodness spring is here! I don't know about you, but I'm ready to put my ice scraper away and pull out my flip flops. Want to get a jump start on summer by getting into shape now?

Zumba® is a fun and effective way to shed that winter weight. What is Zumba®? Where can I even Zumba® at? How is Zumba® going to be any different from running on the treadmill or my regular routine? All you're questions will hopefully be answered soon!
Zumba® is a fitness program that combines Latin music along with different kinds of music. Also known as a 'fitness dance party'. I personally enjoy hip-hop or today's pop music. Check your local YMCA or closest gym near you to see if they have any Zumba® classes. You could even have a Zumba® Fitness Studio and you didn't even know it. Once you find a place that has the classes, call the number provided or look up the schedule online for when to attend. Things I would bring to class are:
  • workout pants/ yoga pants
  • A t-shirt or dri-fit shirt will be just fine (I like to wear a sweatshirt too so i can sweat more) or if you want to really get in the spirit here are some cute zumba tops.
  • Make sure you have a good pair of tennis shoes too, you'll be dancing for 60 minutes or less depending on the class.
  • Most important, you cannot forget your water! here's the water bottle my boyfriend got me for Valentine's Day. I love it because it filters the water and keeps it cold. Also my favorite thing about the bottle, it has numbers 1-10 so I can keep track on how many bottles of water I can drink in a day!

Make sure you're staying hydrated and keeping water on you all the time even when your not doing Zumba®. By eliminating pop and just drinking water, you can lose weight.

My number one rule you must do when you attend Zumba® is to HAVE FUN!! Don't worry about who is around you, or what steps your getting wrong just enjoy the fact that you're burning calories and loosing weight!

Has it been a long day and you don't feel like getting out?
workout at home----->NO EXCUSES!

2 comments:

  1. Getting ready for bikini season! And I love that water bottle- great idea!

    ReplyDelete