Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Get Squattin'

HELL0!!

I just remembered I should let you in on a little secret. In my Zumba® class, we do a little thing, that make a big difference called squats. Squats are just what they are. 



  • Stand with your legs a little far apart from each other.
  • Bend your knees like your sitting in an invisible chair.
  • Make sure your knees don't go past your feet!
  • I like to keep my balance by putting my arms to my chest or I've seen people just hold their arms straight out, whatever's comfortable with you.
  • Stick that booty out, don't be shy!
  • Hold it about 10 seconds and come back up.
  • Repeat!


Sometimes I wish there was a chair under me because the burning in my legs is intense; a good intense though. Do you feel like your butt is just flat as a pancake? Try doing some squats for a whole song. Make it a fast song so you can do a little dancing too. In my Zumba® class we do our squats during the chorus of the song and we do about 5. Give it a try!  I have yet to see results on me, but I do feel the soreness in my legs and glutes the next day. You should see  results within a month, if you don't keep squattin'. .won't hurt ya!

HAPPY SQUATTING!!



1 comment: